Dear Friends,

Just wanted to let you know that I will be teaching 3 online Yiddish classes this spring for the Workmen’s Circle/Arbeter-Ring starting in late February. Other great teachers are also teaching. To see the full schedule of classes see:
https://circle.org/what-we-do/yiddish-language

Yiddish for Beginners II: Sundays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm: February 21- May 1
Continue learning Yiddish for students who have a working knowledge of Yiddish or who have completed an elementary course.

Course Tools:
Literary texts and songs,
Yiddish: An Introduction to the Language, Literature & Culture, Vol. I by Sheva Zucker (starting from Unit 5).

Additional Info:
Learn Yiddish with the person who wrote the book on the subject!

YIDDISH-BOOK1

Intermediate Yiddish I: Thursdays 7:00 – 8:30 pm: February 25 – May 12
Intermediate level study of Yiddish reading, writing, speaking, and grammar.

We will learn Yiddish through (somewhat more advanced) conversation, grammar, literary texts and songs. The class will be taught entirely in Yiddish.

The text for this course is Yiddish: An Introduction to the Language, Literature & Culture, Vol. I by Sheva Zucker (starting from Unit 9A).

Intermediate II: Wednesdays 1:00 – 2:30 pm: February 24 – May 11
Continuation of Intermediate level study of Yiddish language, focusing on reading, writing, speaking, and grammar. This course is taught entirely in Yiddish.

Text for this course is Yiddish: An Introduction to the Language, Literature & Culture, Vol. II by Sheva Zucker (starting from Unit 14B) and Sholem Aleichem’s Motl Peyse dem Khazns.

YIDDISH-BOOK2

TO REGISTER:
https://circle.org/what-we-do/yiddish-language/winter-spring-2016-registration

QUESTIONS:
Contact Nikolai Borodulin: nborodulin@circle.org

The Workmen’s Circle/Arbeter-Ring also offers online language classes on other levels and at other times:

Learn to Read Yiddish in 4 Sessions with Kolya Borodulin
Mondays 6:30-8:00 pm: Feb. 8, 15, 22, 29
Highly recommended for people taking Beginners who cannot yet read.

Yiddish for Beginners I with Isaac Bleaman
Tuesdays 1:00 -2:30 pm: March 1- May 10

Yiddish for Beginners I with Yuri Vedenyapin
Wednesdays 6:30 – 8:00 pm: March 9 – May 25

Yiddish Around the World: Past, Present, Future with Kolya Borodulin
Wednesdays 6:30 – 8:00 pm: March 9 – May 25

Advanced Yiddish with Avraham Lichtenbaum: Yiddish Folklore in Yiddish Writing
Mondays 6:30 – 8:00 pm: October – 19 December 28

Advanced Yiddish with Avraham Lichtenbaum: Sholem Aleichem’s Monologues
Wednesdays 1:00 – 2:30 pm: March 30 – June 8

Advanced Yiddish with Itskhok Niborski: Yiddish Poetry and Prose of the Early 20th Century
Mondays 1:30 – 3:00 pm: March 7 – May 16

TO REGISTER:
https://circle.org/what-we-do/yiddish-language/winter-spring-2016-registration

Sheva Zucker is the author of the textbooks Yiddish: An Introduction to the Language, Literature & Culture, Vols. I & II and the editor and producer of the CD The Golden Peacock: Voice of the Yiddish Writer. She has taught and lectured on Yiddish language, literature and culture on five continents and has taught Yiddish for almost two decades in the Uriel Weinreich Program in Yiddish Language, Literature and Culture, currently under the auspices of Bard College and the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research in New York City. She is the director of the League for Yiddish and the editor of its all-Yiddish magazine Afn Shvel.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here